Top home remedies for teeth whitening at home
Teeth are important part of your smile and your personality. It is the universal fact anyone can agree with this statement that beautiful and white teeth increase the beauty of your smile and personality. It does affect your personality in a negative way if your teeth are yellow or not well-shaped.Moreover now a day people are crazy to get white teeth as it imparts major beauty to your face and smile.
This article will guide your through health of teeth, why they change the color and what home remedies that you can do to get rid of it.
Why our teeth turn yellow?
There are multiple reason for that. First our teeth has calcified tissues beneath the protective layer and color of this tissue is yellow. When the protective layer starts to erode for any reason then yellow color tissue starts to show up and presents a yellow color teeth overall.
- This could happen for particular infection, food that contain acid and they start to damage the upper protective layer.
- Another reason for it the food we eat. Usually the food or drinks that has dark color, they tend to stain our teeth as well. For example chocolate, coke, red wine,coffee, sauces and fruits like blueberry, beetroot, strawberry and pomegranates. These things have particular ingredient which is call chemogens and it is involved in producing pigment. When it stick to the tooth it cause staining of teeth.
- Another main reason for stained teeth is smoking. Tar and nicotine present in tobacco can cause yellowing staining of teeth which usually can be see in people who smoke a lot.
- Staining can also be induced when you don’t give enough attention and care to your teeth. If you don’t brush your teeth regularly or go to the dentist for regular cleansing then you might get your staining early. Proper hygiene and care can prevent the staining of teeth.
- People who take iron supplement can get the yellowish staining too but there are multiple ways to prevent this to happen.
Tips and hacks for teeth whitening at home:
There are some home remedies and tips you can follow healthy oral hygiene and white teeth at home:
Good dental hygiene:
Foremost important thing you need to remember is keeping the good hygiene. Brush your teeth every morning and before going to sleep. Furthermore you can wash your mouth with a good mouthwash after every meal. This will keep your mouth from germs and bacteria which are responsible for plague and other dental conditions.
Peroxide based toothpaste:
Next step you can add in your daily dental routine is brushing your teeth with certain toothbrush that have high but safe concentration of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide can whiten your teeth to a noticeable level and there are many toothpaste in market that claim to do so. Otherwise you can also prepare it by mixing a little pinch pf hydrogen peroxide in your toothpaste. Be aware as it can give tooth sensitivity and avoid using it if you have any other dental problem or infection going on.
Baking soda and salt:
Another safe option for teeth whitening take one teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt in it. Then mix them together and brush your teeth with it. You can also mix it in your toothpaste and brush your teeth with this mixture. This keep the germs away from your mouth and it will help to remove the stain from your teeth.
Take one teaspoon of charcoal powder in a bowl and add less than half teaspoon of alum in it. Alum is usually present in crystal form but you need to crush and grind in a fine powder from for this purpose. Then add less than half teaspoon of salt in it. You can use this teeth whitening powder and gently brush your teeth with it.
home teeth whitening kits:
You can also purchase a good branded teeth whitening kit as they have safe and effective level of bleaching agents. These bleaching agents usually are peroxide that actually have bleaching powder. Usually teeth whitening agents contain carbamide peroxide that actually attack on teeth staining chemicals. This component actually break down into hydrogen peroxide and urea. Its use can impact a huge difference in color of teeth in few days.But even if these kits are used wrongly so they can cause problems. For example if you apply too much chemical or keep it on your teeth for long can cause sensitivity. You need to take direction carefully and ask you dentist before using it.
Most important thing is to make an addition of calcium supplements or take diet with abundance of calcium. Try to take a glass of fresh and boiled milk everyday in morning or before going to bed.
You can also use DANDASA at home for this purpose.It is very common in middle east and also available in markets. It is a Tree Peel product from the walnut tree used for natural teeth whitening. People have been using it for this purpose for so long and it active and effective characteristics. Use this powder by mixing 1-2 pinch in you toothpaste and brush your teeth with it daily.