Reduce puffy or tried eyes with best home remedies
This is something which is not very common for most of the population but people who often get puffy eyes have quite a struggle. Have you ever noticed swelling or puffiness under your eyes? Well , this is what we are going to talk about. This is not only you get when you wake up but you can also get it when you cry. Sometime people can get it if they applied pressure on the eye ares while sleeping.
Why we get puffy eyes?
Usually this can happen because of dehydration. Or you might have some underlying health condition like hypertension, kidney diseases,Change in hormones and stress etc. Most of the time you can also experience puffiness of eyes if you drink a lot. Or you got drunk the night before. Salty food can also trigger dehydration which can lead to puffy eyes. People might also get some allergic reaction because of makeup or anything that can trigger puffiness.
Some tips to avoid puffy eyes:
Today this article will guide you through some home remedies and change in life style that you can adopt to reduce this problem.
- try to change the sleeping position, usually sleeping on your face and side can cause pressure on nerves.
- Also, avoid drinking habit especially at night and it can cause dehydration in the body and it is a response to that.
- Moreover, if you are hypertensive then make sure you have close check to it everyday and take your prescribe medication.
- Persistent puffiness of eyes on any other part of the body can also cause by some kidney disease. So get yourself an appointment of a good doctor for proper checkup.
- Wash your face with a little cool water instead of hot. Cool water will help you to bring down the swelling as well.
- Exercise daily and eat healthy diet to avoid any disturbance in hormones.
- If you do makeup everyday, so make sure you cleanse your face properly at night. Remove all of the makeup from your face and eyes with a good makeup remover. If you have sensitive eyes then use the non irritant one.
- Yoga or relaxing exercises can also reduce the pressure on your eyes which can be the leading cause of puffiness. Because main purpose is to give minimum pressure to the eyes.
- You can also apply back of a cool spoon on your eye for at least 5 minutes to reduce puffiness.
Aloe vera gel
First of all take a tea bag which you use to make tea and dip it in hot water for a few seconds. Then let it cool down a bit and apply cool aloe vera gel under your eyes. Now keep the teabag of your eyes and lie down for a while. After 20 minutes take them off and you will feel a lot better with your eyes puffiness.
Take 2 tablespoon of fresh cucumber and 2 tablespoon of potato juice in a bowl. Also, add few drops of glycerin in it and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then dip cotton pads in it and keep it on your eyes for 20 minutes.Potato and cucumber have vitamin C in them and this help with any dark spots or hyperpigmentation on skin. They have anti-inflammatory power as well which will bring down the swelling or puffiness of the eyes.
It is best to use them every night before going to bed. You can use these cotton pads only once. Then you need to make new ones. Press these pads on your eyes gently and let it be there for 15-20 minutes.
You can even do the massage of your under eyes with these pads in a gentle manner. Furthermore,You can either rinse it off or let the content on your eyes for whole night but the second method is more effective.